Partnerships & Collaborations
A winner of the Bloomberg Energy Pioneer Award and a member of the Cleantech 100, Green Biologics is working toward transforming the global chemicals market, working in close collaboration with its partners to provide consumers and industrial customers with end products that are more sustainable and higher value than petroleum-based alternatives.
Our collaborations start with feedstock providers and reaches through the value chain to end consumers. Our first commercial products from our Clostridium microbial fermentation platform are n-butanol and acetone. Through collaborations with partners and customers, we aim to utilise chemical synthesis to create high value downstream derivatives. Our Clostridium platform provides a foundation for future C3 and C4 chemicals and derivatives.
Green Biologics is a socially responsible company, developing technologies for the production of sustainable and renewable chemicals that reduce GHG emissions, create rural jobs and contribute to the social well-being of our world.
Some of our key partners include:
- Junbunzlauer - Green Biologics have an exclusive collaboration with Jungbunzlauer Ladenburg GmbH, the German operating unit of Jungbunzlauer Suisse AG in Basel, Switzerland for bio-based plasticizers. Jungbunzlauer is one of the world's leading producers of biodegradable ingredients of natural origin.
- HOC Industries - Blending, packaging, and distribution for high value consumer products. Founded in Wichita, KS in 1936, HOC remains a privately held company with an impeccable history of producing high quality liquid-filled products with first class service at a competitive cost. They serve many of the largest businesses in the world in the areas of retail, contract packaging and commercial fulfillment.
- Caldic - EU distribution partner for Green Biologics' renewable chemicals. Caldic is a provider of Industrial, Health and Personal Care and Food solutions, with entities in Europe, North America and Asia-Pacific. Caldic acts as full service distributor. Its' strengths lie in its global network combined with local expertise, giving the flexibility to answer local needs and build domestic partnerships. Operating with in-house warehouses, production facilities, test centers, and technical expertise, the company provides tailored solutions that add value to customers' business success.
- Acme Hardesty - Collaboration for bio-based esters for personal care markets. Since 1942 AcmeHardesty has been a leader in the oleochemical industry. A division of Jacob Stern & Sons, Inc., AcmeHardesty has a global reach and is one of the largest distributors of castor oils and derivatives, palm derivatives, preservative, and surfactants.
- Nexeo Solutions - U.S. distribution partner for renewable n-butanol and acetone to U.S. customers in a number of key markets including CASE (coatings, adhesives, sealants and elastomers), HI&I (household, industrial & institutional cleaners), PCI (personal care intermediates) and energy chemicals. With operations worldwide, Nexeo Solutions offers over 27,000 products used in a broad cross-section of industries, including chemicals manufacturing, oil and gas, paints and coatings, automotive, healthcare and personal care.